What is home automation
With advancements in technology, home automation allows you to control any smart device in your living space remotely. Anything that can be connected to a network can be automated. In the early stages of home automation, simple “binary” systems, such as lighting appliances, were innovated with smart features. However, technological advancements have revolutionized other aspects of the home, such as home security and entertainment.
Monitoring apps are vital to managing all this new technology. From your mobile, you can check a detailed account of what has happened in your home and what is currently happening – anywhere and anytime. Almost finished with your urgent work deadline? Pre-heat the oven from your phone to prepare for dinner at the same time. Has the doorbell’s camera alerted you that the babysitter is already here? Remotely unlock the door and let them in as you finish getting ready.
Benefits of smart products
It is easy to become invested in the limitless opportunities from home automation. However, how can these smart technologies improve your life other than just making you look cool?
- Energy efficiency: Not only are home automation products smart with technology but they are also very efficient. For example, smart thermostats tend to be more expensive than the traditional alternatives up-front. However, due to their ability to monitor your energy consumption and give real-time readings, they ultimately can help lower your Eversource bill in the long run.
- Multi-functional: Advancing technology can greatly enhance your home appliances by more than just status appeal. Usually smart home appliances show innovation with multiple functions, from robot vacuums that play music to mattresses with biometric sensors which track your sleep. In the long run, you may actually save money by minimizing frequency of purchases for multiple household items with limited properties.
- Will help create a simpler life: Sometimes more means less. In the context of smart appliances, added functions, such as voice control features and robotic automation, can add convenience to your busy everyday lifestyle. Controlled by your mobile phone or remote control, you can instantly make a cup of coffee or warm up the house with a touch of a button or voice control.
Best smart products for your home
- Ecobee Smart Thermostat with Voice Control: Compatible with Alexa, supported across numerous multimedia applications, and equipped with powerful audio components, this thermostat is one of the best smart thermostats available in the market.
- Yeelight Smart LED Bulb: With this smart LED bulb you can control the rainbow from your fingertips. Dimmable with 16 million colours, this advanced appliance supports a range of controllable software, from Apple HomeKit, Google, and Siri voice commands. The simple-to-control app also lets you organize lighting schedules to decrease energy usage and your overall utility bill.
- Brava Oven: Sizing down doesn’t always mean you’re compromising quality. The Brava Oven is one of the most advanced countertop ovens available. It has multiple automatic cooking pre-sets to ensure consistent quality and has a built-in camera for checking on the food remotely. Now you can confidently roast, grill, and reheat while entertaining dinner guests.
- Tempo Studio: Looking for a more fun way to exercise? Improve your health and fitness with Tempo Studio’s smart strength training machine, built with artificial intelligence and 3D sensors. This body sensing technology personalizes your workout and protects your body by offering real-time pointers from assessing your weight, height, and form.
Manufacturers are only increasing the level of their technologies’ innovative capabilities. With a mixture of real-time notifications and simplified controls, watch your home transform into a set from a sci-fi film, as the possibilities of home automation are endless.