If you are an avid gamer, you certainly wouldn’t be alone with your love of hi-speed gaming, and if you are looking to replace your old PC, why not build your very own gaming machine? If you have a basic understanding of computing and know what each component does, there’s no reason why you can build your own gaming platform.
Here is a list of the major components you will need to source.
- Mainboard – The mainboard is the foundation of the system, which contains sockets for the many components, like the CPU, VGA card, RAM chips and possible a sound card. It is important to consider upgrades when looking at mainboards, so always check that the board can be upgraded. Asus is one of the best mainboard brands for both reliability and performance and do check for compatibility when looking at mainboards.
- CPU – The central processing unit is the heart of the computer, and there are only two brands worth considering; Intel and AMD. Intel’s Core i9 is the fastest CPU out there at the moment, while the core i7 is also very quick. They also offer a core i5, which can be found in machines that are a few years old, and if you are investing in a new unit, core i7 and up is recommended.
- Monitor – Of course, you ideally want a state-of-the-art gaming monitor, one that can handle high frame rates, and there are curved models that are designed specifically for gaming.
- VGA Card – This is perhaps the most vital component of all for the serious gamer, as the VGA card handles the graphics you see on your monitor, with Nvidia and AMD both offering state of the art performance. With 6-11 GB of onboard memory, a top-flight VGA card is essential for hi-end gaming, and the card comes complete with its own cooling system. The Internet of Things will shortly be rolled out and this will bring a new dimension to online gaming.
- SSD – Solid state drives are much faster than SATA units and you are recommended to install 2 SSD units, one for the OS and one for data storage. These simply plug into the mainboard and such is the system that you cannot insert the drive in the wrong place.
- Computer Case – There are some stunning examples of casing, with LED lighting and a solid cooling system (critical for gaming PCs), and it is important to check that the case is compatible with your choice of mainboard. Click here for information on consumer protection for foreigners in Thailand.
There are YouTube tutorials for assembling a PC from scratch, and if you search online for a hi-end gaming component supplier, you can acquire everything you need in a single shop. Once all the components are securely installed, do a complete check before powering up the computer, then you can go ahead and install your preferred operating system (Windows or Linux) then install the games and configure the system to your preferred settings and you are good to go.